Skip to main content

Gennady Golovkin & Canelo Alvarez Rematch Is Back On for September 15

With a deadline of 12pm PST for Gennady Golovkin‘s camp to accept an Golden Boy Promotions offer that would give Canelo Alvarez the 57.5/42.5 split, both sides couldn’t come to an agreement. Oscar De La Hoya had already put out the word to ESPN that there was no fight and it was “100 percent over.” Then in a mater of minutes, news broke that the fight was still on.
Both sides came up with a Hail Mary idea to make the rematch happen at all costs, because neither camp wanted to lose out on that purse.
Canelo vs. GGG 2 will now go down on September 15 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
De La Hoya took to Twitter to announce the news by saying, “I’m happy to inform that we have a fight September 15!!!! #CaneloGGG2.”
Although terms for the fight have not been disclosed as of yet, we can only assume Canelo is taking less of the share than previously negotiated and proposed by Golden Boy in a desperate attempt to green light the fight.

Understandably so, it is his fault the original fight didn’t happen after failing two drug tests for performance-enhancing drugs and subsequently suspended for six months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. The last fight between these two ended in disappointing fashion, so we’re hoping that the sequel turns out with an actual winner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Reveals Tracklist For "Future Hndrxx Presents The Wizrd" Album

View this post on Instagram 1-18-19 Thanks to my family and fans for your patience ..been a journey,finally we here.🦅 A post shared by Future Hendrix (@future) on Jan 14, 2019 at 1:36pm PST

Chance the Rapper – Work Out / Wala Cam / I Might Need Security / 65th Ingleside

Earlier this week, reports surfaced that  Chance the Rapper  was releasing an official album, before his pending 7-track collaborative effort with Kanye West. Well, Chance unfortunately debunked the story, saying that we weren’t getting an album this week; but said he was still in the studio. Luckily, Chano III kept his word and has blessed the public with four new songs for the summer. Here, you can listen to his new cuts:  “ Work Out ” “ Wala Cam ” “ I Might Need Security ”  and  “ 65th Ingleside ”  – serving as an appetizer to the full project later this year. Sorry no album this week, def been in the stu tho. 😎 — Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) July 17, 2018

JAY-Z Calls Out Philly Mayor Over ‘Made in America’ Move

JAY-Z  has written an op-ed for the The Philadelphia Inquirer, after Philly mayor Jim Kenney stopped Made in America from taking place on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in 2019. “We are disappointed that the mayor of the city of Philadelphia would evict us from the heart of the city, through a media outlet, without a sit-down meeting, notice, dialogue, or proper communication,” JAY said. “It signifies zero appreciation for what Made In America has built alongside the phenomenal citizens of this city. In fact, this administration immediately greeted us with a legal letter trying to stop the 2018 event.”