Skip to main content

Carmelo Anthony Will Be Leaving OKC Thunder This Summer

The Carmelo Anthony experiment in Oklahoma City lasted all but a season because the Thunder will be partying ways with this summer.
According to ESPN’s Royce Young, OKC will be relieving themselves from a huge luxury tax bill that eclipses the $150 million dollar mark. The organization can save as much as $100 million by moving ‘Melo out either through a trade, buyout or stretch provision, after opting into his $27.9 million contract next season.
Thunder management will be looking to trade Anthony’s contract, though they require his permission thanks to the no-trade clause he has.
After resigning Jerami Grant to a 3-year, $27 million dollar deal this past offseason, the writing was on the wall for Carmelo, who refuses to come off the bench for the team and wants to be featured as part of the offense.
Where do you think ‘Melo goes next season once this goes down?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Reveals Tracklist For "Future Hndrxx Presents The Wizrd" Album

View this post on Instagram 1-18-19 Thanks to my family and fans for your patience ..been a journey,finally we here.🦅 A post shared by Future Hendrix (@future) on Jan 14, 2019 at 1:36pm PST

Chance the Rapper – Work Out / Wala Cam / I Might Need Security / 65th Ingleside

Earlier this week, reports surfaced that  Chance the Rapper  was releasing an official album, before his pending 7-track collaborative effort with Kanye West. Well, Chance unfortunately debunked the story, saying that we weren’t getting an album this week; but said he was still in the studio. Luckily, Chano III kept his word and has blessed the public with four new songs for the summer. Here, you can listen to his new cuts:  “ Work Out ” “ Wala Cam ” “ I Might Need Security ”  and  “ 65th Ingleside ”  – serving as an appetizer to the full project later this year. Sorry no album this week, def been in the stu tho. 😎 — Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) July 17, 2018

JAY-Z Calls Out Philly Mayor Over ‘Made in America’ Move

JAY-Z  has written an op-ed for the The Philadelphia Inquirer, after Philly mayor Jim Kenney stopped Made in America from taking place on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in 2019. “We are disappointed that the mayor of the city of Philadelphia would evict us from the heart of the city, through a media outlet, without a sit-down meeting, notice, dialogue, or proper communication,” JAY said. “It signifies zero appreciation for what Made In America has built alongside the phenomenal citizens of this city. In fact, this administration immediately greeted us with a legal letter trying to stop the 2018 event.”